Full Job Description
Southwest Convenience Stores is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Manager in Training for our BRAND NEW located at 5907 E. Interstate 20 - Midland, TX. In this role, the Assistant Manager in Training supports our employees ensuring delivery of superior service and products to maximize profits. The Manager performs functions to ensure that staff are selected, trained, counseled and rewarded to maintain performance standards.
Description & Responsibilities:
- You are the face of your retail location business unit while being the member of management on duty supporting and encouraging your staff to meet and exceed sales goals.
- People oriented to recruit, hire, value, develop and retain personnel to ensure site is operating at maximum efficiency.
- Advocate for Hi-Potential programs - Mentor – Sponsorship Mentality.
- Goal driven with the ability to break down complex problems into components to analyze, diagnose, and identify potential solutions to achieve maximum profitability.
- Thoughtfully challenges assumptions to empower the team through clear direction with a “Lead by Example” mentality.
- Positive accountability mindset with leadership courage.
- Willing to take business risk through strong analytical BU acumen
- Utilizes metrics and data to measure foundational decisions and results
- Knowledgeable of P&L and EBITDA Impact – Steward of the Business Mentality
- Trust but validate all metrics and results
- Ability to accept commendation humbly, and constructive feedback genuinely to improve
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.