- Succession Planning
- Public Speaking
- Microsoft Office
The Human Resources Generalist will provide professional Human Resources guidance and support to our team members with the objective of adding value to the business. Working under the direct supervision of our Director of HR and Recruiting, the HR Generalist is responsible for the organization’s human resource functions including but not limited to employee relations, change management, performance management, reward and recognition programs, HR policy and procedure, HR-related training, unemployment, and general HR administration. The HR Generalist will also act as an HR business partner in providing coaching, guidance and support to assigned sectors and departments.
- Respond to HR related inquiries, questions and complaints from team members across all departments and provide guidance and direction on HR policies, programs and processes.
- Act as an advisor and strategic resource to managers and associates on a variety of employee relations issues including performance management, development, promotion of positive employee relations, team building, conflict resolution, employee retention strategies, and exit interviews.
- Partner with business unit leadership to provide strategic insight and strategy for change management and succession planning.
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies, and responds to all team member concerns regarding policies and procedures.
- Guides, trains and directs managers and employees on the implementation of HR policies and processes to ensure appropriate legal (FMLA, ADA, EEOC, etc.) and company compliance, partnering with others in HR.
- Assists in the tracking of HR related activity, analyze data for trends, gaps and provide ad hoc reports/ statistics to support departmental goals and initiatives (terminations, compensation, hires, diversity, etc.)
- Travel to Regional Offices to assist with HR related matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two to five years of human resources experience.
- Working knowledge, understanding and application of HR principle concepts, practices and appropriate employment laws.
- Ability to work within HR team to create a collaborative effective relationship with all members to create a seamless solution for the internal customer.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience building relationships with hiring managers, recruits, and business partners.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor with complete respect for confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Self-Starter with track record of producing results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and requires minimal direction in achieving goals, yet also maintains strong interpersonal and collaboration skills – is a team player.
- Capable of identifying performance and/or behavioral gaps that can negatively influence/impact culture.
HITT Contracting Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, supporting employment of qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
- human resources: 3 years (Preferred)