LA PASTA, INC.
Brief Description of Position
This position provides general support to the Warehouse department. Responsible for inventory control, receipt, and storage of merchandise.
· Responsible for cleanliness of receiving areas, refrigerators, and freezer.
· Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of all necessary products.
· Prepare packaged products for delivery, organizing customer orders, applying proper labels to cases.
· Pack boxes on pallets and wrap with shrink wrap.
· Ability to operate, or learn to hand-carts, pallet jacks, or sitting/standing fork lift.
· Verify amounts of product being ordered matches the amounts of products being shipped.
· Verify all expiration dates before accepting orders.
· Receive deliveries and verify the delivery matches what the company ordered.
· Ensure quantity and quality of all orders, being delivered and shipped.
· Load trucks without going products, and unload trucks with incoming products.
· Organize receiving area, refrigerators and freezers so that products can be found with ease.
· Document all products that enter and exit the work area.
· Maintain and complete all necessary paperwork.
· Perform inventory every day.
· Fill our proper maintenance/repair forms.
· Record lot numbers, receiving temperatures, and exporting temperatures.
· Complying with safe warehouse procedures and maintaining safe floor conditions.
· Responsible for washing and cleaning all necessary equipment.
· Responsible for removal of trash and other waste
· Employee works a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends based upon business needs.
· Employee is required of standing, lifting, bending, and stretching.
· Employee must be able to stand for a minimum of 8 hours.
· Ability to work in extreme temperatures of hot and cold for extended periods of time.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds or more, with assistance.
La Pasta Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a benefits package which includes health, dental and vision. We pay 40 hours vacation for the first year and 80 hours vacation starting second year. We pay major holidays such as New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $20.00 per hour
- pallet jack: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
- customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
- warehouse: 3 years (Preferred)
- Silver Spring, MD 20910 (Preferred)
- Forklift Certified (Preferred)
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Forklift experience
- Computer literacy
- Pallet jack
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift