Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, CA- United States
Job ID: 18WD30265
End User Services – Device Management Services @ Autodesk
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology “service provider”. The innovative ideas and projects shape the company’s future and move Autodesk forward to being a “Digital Comapny”. This role is at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our employees daily experiences.
Do you thrive in an environment where you can work on engaging and challenging projects? Do you have a start-up mentality? Every year Autodesk hires talented people to join our global teams and benefit from unlimited access to our technology and industry mentors. If this sounds like you… let's talk.
The Device Management Services team are looking for a Service Manager within the End User Services organization. This team provides engineering skills that provide solutions for desktop client operating systems.
Our culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends.
The team is seeking an experienced Service Manager to help execute and deliver on the strategies and initiatives that deliver a great employee user experience, whether on premise or mobile.
Highly-motivated; like challenge; collaborative; committed to delivering high quality work… Did we describe you? Read on…
This role is tasked with transforming the delivery and support of goods and services to provide a better, enhanced end user experience. The Manager will be a hands-on leader, working directly with their team daily with a goal of maintaining and improving Engineering solutions and End User experience. This is highly visible role, serving as a key liaison with clients, vendors, Autodesk Leadership and key stake holders. You will meet with business leaders, to better understand/ resolve issues, managing/ preventing escalations from the users, and understanding Autodesk’s business and system capabilities. This position will brainstorm and challenge the process in an effort of continuous improvement, to help make the life of our users better.
As the Manager, End User Computing you work very closely with other IT Enterprise Architects to influence the design of the end-user computing platform (ie., laptops, desktops, smart phones, software packaging/delivery, and device monitoring, etc).
- Manage and maintain product implementations for our clients to overall enhanced end user experience
- Manage staff at onshore and offshore locations
- Oversee process documentation for this area - functional and technical
- Manage department budget and forecasts, to report to Autodesk Leadership and stakeholders
- Responsible for the full life cycle management of the Autodesk desktop image
- Manage and prioritize a backlog of enhancements and solution engineering
- Run and contribute to internal and client facing calls and meetings
- Apply technical skills order to continue to discover and implement new and ever-changing technologies
- Work with development resources to translate and refine client requirements
- Five (5) or more years of combined experience performing or supervising within functional disciplines and/or implementing process changes. In particular, managing employee performance for both direct and/or matrixed reports
- Three (3) or more years of project management experience
- Experience leading/managing a team to develop, deliver, and monitor IT end user computing services within a managed services framework
- Three (3) or more years of experience working with a managed service provider/organization, with both onshore and offshore resources, including the contracts around service level agreements
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience consolidating and assessing performance metrics reports across service providers and develop recommendations for cross service providers improvements
- Experience establishing performance expectations and goals aligned with Company objectives, policies and procedures
- Experience managing, training and developing staff by providing timely feedback, coaching and support
- Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers
- Strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning
- Experience with Windows, MAC, iOS and Android devices
- Knowledge or experience with device management tools such as Jamf and SCCM
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world.