The Director of Information Technology reports to the Senior Vice President, Administration and is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the company’s technology infrastructure and leading all aspects of the company’s technology solutions. The position is responsible for leading the strategic direction of the Information Technology department and directly supporting business initiatives, while maintaining existing systems and system enhancements in a cost-effective manner. The incumbent leads the company’s strategic information technology plan, the company-wide technology and data analytics transformation program, processes and solutions, and is the company’s top technology executive.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Build, lead and direct the work of the Information Technology team and support staff, as required. Provide ongoing mentoring to staff.
- Lead data and analytics adoption projects across the company.
- Lead the company’s cross functional technology and data analytics “Transformation” team.
- Architect enterprise data warehouse to support operational, predictive and dashboard business intelligence solutions.
- Architect solutions to integrate disparate business applications to allow for efficient data exchange between applications.
- Lead the continued deployment of current and future generations of the IBM Watson Analytics tools including Cognos Analytics, Planning Analytics and SPSS Predictive Analytics.
- Establish achievable departmental and individual goals, driving execution and accountability.
- Implement operational, budgetary and compliance controls.
- Continuously improve the capabilities of the organization including customer-facing and technical skills, while driving efficiencies.
- Elevate the level of business value delivered from IT.
- Act as project manager for all new technology implementation and office expansion/move projects.
- Build and maintain business relationships with internal customers including key senior stakeholders.
- Create effective processes for governing and running IT functions including strategy, projects, operations, risk management and control functions, including budgeting.
- Develop technology standards to drive the future technology acquisition strategies.
- Design web enabled solutions to support CPC sustainability program, online application submission and online payment services.
- Lead the implementation and adoption of cyber security services and act as the evangelist for cyber threats awareness across the company.
- Analyze the business needs of the organization and determine how to meet business objectives by modifying existing, or developing new, information processing systems.
- Monitor user satisfaction and take appropriate action, as required.
- Build and maintain strong senior-level relationships with third party IT services partners.
- Evaluate and manage 3rd party technology vendors.
- Establish an effective model for driving results and attaining accountability.
- Realign models and costs as the business evolves.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the company maintains a robust IT infrastructure that creates cost-effective, ongoing business efficiencies.
- Continually research and lead all efforts to implement appropriate new technology for the organization, designing and implementing new solutions as necessary.
- Monitor, maintain and support the existing IT infrastructure to ensure proper functioning, configuration monitoring, security, troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Champion the use of the SDLC and quality assurance models and tools to deliver the highest levels of services to the business.
- Monitor information accessibility for all CPC functions; monitor performance vs. baselines and diagnose deviations.
- Ensure data integrity and provide a smooth transition when new software or hardware is added to existing infrastructure.
Skills and Experience:
- Document information security practices.
- Monitor systems for compliance with corporate policies pertaining to Information Technology usage.
- Identify and mitigate technology risks including security, operations and compliance.
- Establish risk tolerances and ensure continuity of business.
- BA/BS in Information Technology or related field of study. Master’s Degree preferred (MBA or MS).
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Information Technology, with at least 7 years at a senior-level.
- In-depth knowledge of Information Technology concepts, best practices and procedures required.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business cases and present ideas and recommendations at the Executive and Board level.
- Expert –level understanding of Cognos or other data and analytics platform.
- Demonstrated expertise with data management and reporting.
- Experience managing the implementation of enterprise data warehouse solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and accomplish goals.
- Proven effective management skills are required.
- A proven record of proactive problem solving.