The Research Computing Division of RTI International has an immediate opening for a Front End Developer to support the collection, processing, managing, presenting and analyzing data within mobile, web and database environments. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented front-end developer to contribute to the vision and creation of interactive Web customer experiences for our clients. Strong technical expertise is required in performing multiple front-end developer functions, with good understanding of UI design processes and workflows. The ideal candidate will possess a clear understanding of user experience design, interaction design and information architecture for the Web and mobile devices. Activities may involve the use of commercial software, open source software or RTI-developed software tools.
- Possess thorough understanding of contemporary interaction design aesthetics.
- Participate in defining system requirements and testing against requirements.
- Help development teams define data architectures and data processing requirements.
- Support new technology as needed. Responsive/adaptive design desired.
- Develop to project standards within an established software development lifecycle environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with developers as well as clients.
- Ability to complete tasks independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to manage deadlines on numerous, concurrent projects with minimal supervision.
- Personal accountability for the technical accuracy of own work.
B.A/B.S. or higher and 1+ year experience working in an IT environment.
Clear understanding of user experience design and implementation for Web and mobile devices.
Experience developing rapid prototypes for clients to demonstrate proposed UI and workflow.
Experience with most of the following:
Technologies including HTML5, CSS3, data visualization libraries (DC.js or D3.js), JSON
Frameworks such as:
Bootstrap and jQuery
Collaborating with visual designers to incorporate design into data heavy applications
System troubleshooting and problem resolution
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Experience in applying and developing free and open source software technologies.
Ability to optimize graphics as needed for responsive design or web/mobile optimization.
Experience with Angular, React, Vue.js or other Component-based front-end frameworks.
Familiarity with SQL, MongoDB or NoSQL databases.
Familiarity with Section 508 compliance.
Base awareness of WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility requirements.
Experience with the following:
Working on Agile development teams
Server side technologies
Developing reusable software components
Strong familiarity and proficiency in versioning code management
Basic understanding of graphic design principles