Takes menu offers from residents, guests and Team Member of the community. Serves and busses tables according to established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Utilizes proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Take meal/drink orders and serves meals in a friendly and timely manner.
- Assures resident/guest is satisfied with their meals.
- Maintains knowledge of all specials and general description of all food items and explains to residents or guests.
- Maintain all side stations and dining areas using the “clean as you go” policy.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Assist with orientation and training of new food servers.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Sets-up and cleans the Dining Room while maintaining or exceeding hospitality and service standards.
- Maintain or exceed standards of appearance, cleanliness, personal sanitation, and hygiene.
- Attend all in-services as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in fine dining preferred.
- Obtain a TFER (Texas Food Establishment Rules) food handler certification within 60 days upon hire
o Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
o Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
o Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
o Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
o Supports organization's goals and values.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual
- Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Team Member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.