Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Responsible for supporting the clinical needs of the Biopsy department.
Responsible for the clinical needs in an additional department (Mammo, Ultrasound, MRI, X-Ray as needed)
1. Exam Preparation Criteria A: Prepares trays/equipment for biopsy procedures utilizing proper sterile technique. Exam Preparation Criteria B: Ensures proper medications are available and labeled accurately. Exam Preparation Criteria C: Sets up biopsy machine and tests before each exam that it is working properly. Exam Preparation Criteria D: Advises patients on exam preparation, removal of jewelry, and appropriate attire.
2. Clinical Responsibilities Criteria A: Responsible for operating the biopsy machine during procedures. Clinical Responsibilities Criteria B: Able to troubleshoot any problems/challenges that arise during procedures. Clinical Responsibilities Criteria C: Post biopsy care such as holding compression, bandaging and wrapping patients. Clinical Responsibilities Criteria D: Reviewing post procedure care with patients and instructs them on who to contact in case assistance is needed after hours.
3. Pathology Criteria A: Ensures the specimen is handled and labeled accurately. Pathology Criteria B: Ensures pathology specimens have been logged and picked up for processing daily. Pathology Criteria C: Obtains pathology reports and expedites the results to the Radiologist for addendums. Pathology Criteria D: Scans pathology reports into ADS.
4. Infection Control Criteria A: Follows universal precautions including the use of gloves, gowns and masks as appropriate. Infection Control Criteria B: Cleans and disinfects between each patient and can perform/document high level disinfection appropriately. Infection Control Criteria C: Sterilizes medical equipment appropriately and performs monthly/weekly QC. Infection Control Criteria D: Disposes of needles and syringes in designated sharps containers, comprehends safe fill levels and seals containers appropriately for pick-up.
5. Documentation Criteria A: Assists with maintaining the Pathology Reporting and Tracking system (Magview) Documentation Criteria B: Files all completed biopsy paperwork in organized manner. Documentation Criteria C: Maintains required tracking logs ensuring accuracy and completeness. Documentation Criteria D: Collects copies of Technologist licenses and updates log on monthly basis.
6. Patient Letters/Tracking Criteria A: Responsible for tracking BRAD 4,5,6 recommend biopsy/surgical consult patients on required log and recording follow up care to meet MQSA requirements. Patient Letters/Tracking Criteria B: Contacts physicians offices for non-compliant patients. Patient Letters/Tracking Criteria C: Responsible for tracking BRAD 3 patients and mailing reminder letters for follow up exams. Patient Letters/Tracking Criteria D: Mails appropriate letters to patients and physicians.
7. Responding to Urgent Situations Criteria A: Able to recognize specific psychological and/or physical needs of patients and determine when further assistance is needed. Responding to Urgent Situations Criteria B: Able to locate all necessary emergency equipment (code cart, oxygen, blood pressure monitor, pulse oximeter, etc). Responding to Urgent Situations Criteria C: Ability to complete required tasks during emergencies. Responding to Urgent Situations Criteria D: Maintains log of CPR compliance for all clinical staff and assists with arranging renewal classes.
8. Miscellaneous Criteria A: Fills role of Breast Care Coordinator when they are on vacation, sick or unavailable. Miscellaneous Criteria B: Prepares patient images and documentation for dictation by the Radiologist. Miscellaneous Criteria C: Stocks work area with laundry and medical supplies on a daily basis. Miscellaneous Criteria D: Confirmation calls.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: High School or GED
Minimum of 5 years of patient care related employment.
Minimum Experience: five years
Training and knowledge of sterile technique
Exhibits a degree of professionalism necessary to instill patient confidence
Maintains a positive attitude and demonstrates respect and courtesy
Ability to work independently
Location: Norwalk-148 East Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 8
Work Shift: 8 hour day between 7:30a-8p
Org Unit: 406
- Cardio Pulminary Resuscitation
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time