The Department of Nursing at Avera McKennan requires all nurses to practice at a competent level of nursing care and demonstrate a competent and professional level of behavior in his/her role as a RN. The American Nurses Associations (ANA) scope and standards of practice are exemplified within the position description. The Pre-Anesthesia Call Center RN is responsible to obtain medical history on pre-surgical and clinical radiology specials patients and provide education. Assist in completing of charts for surgical procedures, radiology specials procedures and other areas as directed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of generalized nursing experience required.
- Prior surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure required.