Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance seeks to hire a Certified Surgical Tech for Full Time employment in the Surgery Department.
The address is 10864 Texas Health Trail, Fort Worth, Texas 76244.
min $20.51 – max $35.43, based on relevant work experience.
40 hours per week
Monday – Friday:
12:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Response time 30 minutes
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Assists in providing peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
- Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
- Assists as needed in coordinating patient care peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
- Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
- Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
- Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
- Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology
- At least one year current operating room experience preferred
- CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse Upon Hire
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is a 98-bed, full-service hospital offering acute care and wellness programs to communities in North Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet, Justin and surrounding areas. The hospital provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, general and outpatient surgery – including an outpatient surgery center, women and infant’s care – including a level III neonatal intensive care unit, radiology – including a women’s imaging center, cardiac rehabilitation and therapy center, business health services, and wellness programs. Texas Health Alliance is a technologically advanced hospital that has earned national recognition for operating at the highest level of electronic medical record adoption. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor