Full Job Description
Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group. We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.
Administer pre-hospital care to sick or injured persons.
1. Administers pre-hospital emergency care to sick or injured persons.
2. Maintains equipment for constant state of readiness.
3. Operates emergency vehicles safely while en route to emergencies.
4. May participate in orientation and training of new employees.
5. May participate in training of students who perform practical rotations through EMS system.
6. Occasionally participates in system restructuring.
7. Assists Emergency Room staff with daily operations or administration of care.
8. Recommends changes to lead staff to ensure smooth operation of EMS system.
9. Maintains crew quarters.
10. At Level 2 - Fulfills other EMT contractual obligations.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Current / valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Connecticut. Compliance with random drug screening program. AHA, ARC or NSC BLS CPR (or CPR-Instructor) certificate that has not reached the recommended renewal date. On-time completion of required CME/Educational material as assigned by the service. For advanced staff with primary medical control affiliation through DH EMS: Submission of CME records by annual due date, and maintenance of medical control authorization from Danbury Hospital*. For advanced staff with primary medical control affiliation through another service: Maintain medical control authorization from Danbury Hospital*.
License: Current valid CT DPH certification at EMT and/or AEMT level (Hospital does not recognize any “grace” period - must not have reached the expiration date of certification on card). Current Basic license with 0 to 6 months experience at level 1. Current EMT- Intermediate license with 6 months to 1 year experience at level 2.
Minimum Experience: six months
Desired: Certification in PALS, ACLS, PHTLS, hazardous materials awareness, EVOC.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Org Unit: 624
Department: City Ambulance
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 0.00
Work Schedule: Rotating 8
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
- Emergency Medical Technician
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Extremely heavy effort. May exert > 125 lbs. of force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odors, nose, human waste, etc.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.