Director of Patient Services
Chief Operating Officer
The Director of Patient Services has oversight of specific non-clinical operational support
functions across PrimeCare and day-to day operational management for the school-based program and
Fullerton sites. This role is accountable for ensuring all patients have a high-quality positive
experience with non-clinical staff. The Director of Patient Services will have direct oversight of
the following non-clinical departments:
Central Scheduling, Referrals, Medical Records, and
aspects of Health Information Management. This position will work across multiple functional
departments, which includes facilitating a strong partnership with the clinical team. The Director
of Patient Services must have a strong operational background and the ability to identify and
leverage technology solutions to enhance clinical workflows.
1. Ensure clinic efficiency and productivity through management of all clinic processes,
including, but not limited to:
- Office hours and non-clinic staffing
- Patient flow and related processes
- Management and utilization of equipment and supplies
- Compliant, efficient, and effective use of all patient management and patient records systems.
2. Work with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure all clinics and ancillary services meet or
exceed all goals and targets for clinical quality, efficiency, and financial outcomes.
3. Collaborate with the Performance Improvement Specialist to monitor, manage, and report on
metrics and performance both from a quality of care as well as operational perspective.
4. Manage day-to-day operations at the school – based program site and provide oversight of
PrimeCare’s Fullerton site.
5. Ensure all patients receive highly favorable experiences with all non-clinical interactions
6. Assist with the development of operational policies and procedures.
7. Participates in recruiting, onboarding, training, developing, and evaluating direct reports.
8. Ensure positive, collaborative relationships exist within and among all functional areas with
9. Ensure positive, collaborative relationships with all referral sources, partner agencies,
hospitals, and specialists’ offices.
10. Act as a principal steward of the organization's resources. Ensure that all resources are
utilized properly, legally & ethically, and that all those entrusted to manage or represent the
affairs of the organization are properly directed and highly effective.
11. Support and uphold the mission, vision, values, and policies of the organization at all times.
12. Foster a workplace that results in the development of a high performing team of professionals
13. Ensure that all staff are properly coached and directed, and that clearly defined measurements
of performance and rewards are utilized to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness.
Page 1 of 3
14. Conducts staff and support staff meetings on a regular basis.
15. Foster a professional working relationship amongst all members of the health care team.
16. Participates in the evaluation and implementation of new programs and services.
17. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
18. Participates in continuing education and professional development.
Education and Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working as a manager at a Federally Qualified Health Center or
ambulatory care setting preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working with Electronic Medical Record required; experience with
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective writing editing and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree - BS, BA or other selected field is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree—MPH, MPA, MHA or MSN preferred
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
2. Must be able to move around the clinic site 50% of the time.
3. Constantly operates a computer, computer printer, copy machine, and telephone.
4. Occasionally positions self to maintain exertion of physical strength to move objects of 10
pounds from one level to another.
5. Must be able to transport from one site to another.
6. Must be able to cover other shifts as necessary.
PrimeCare Health is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Therefore, PrimeCare does not discriminate on the basis of creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital or parental status, alienage, disability, political affiliation or belief, military or military discharge status.