Position Title: System Administrator (Reg FT)
Department: Information Technology Svcs
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 31, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Grade and salary will be determined based on the candidate's knowledge and experience. CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5111
Job Open Date: 8/17/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Install, support, and maintain server software, hardware, and applications to assure integrity and reliability in support of the ITS strategy and college mission and goals.
Requirements: Grade and salary will be determined based on the candidate's knowledge and experience. Degree in computer science, information systems, or related or certifications in computer science or related field experience required (or equivalent combination of education, certification and experience). Experience in Windows Server 2008 and above in a virtualized server environment (Hyper-V and Failover Clustering preferred). Job will focus primarily on deployment and maintenance of Microsoft on premise and cloud enterprise systems including Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, DFS, System Center, and IIS. Experience with SQL Server, Lync/Skype for Business, SharePoint, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and MDT would be a plus. Automation of system tasks using PowerShell or other scripting methods. Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, networking, and server and firewall security fundamentals. Microsoft Certified Professional, Security+, or other related certifications preferred.
1. Install, maintain, and harden systems (both physical hardware and virtual systems) following industry best practice recommendations.
2. Deployment and maintenance of Microsoft on premise and cloud enterprise systems.
3. Diagnose, research, resolve and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
4. Provide integration and automation through the use of scripts and software development languages.
5. Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to provide consultation on planning, implementation, interface and use of systems.
6. Participate in network security to protect the college's system and information resources.
7. Provides necessary documentation, training and guidance to network engineers and technical staff. Assists with documentation for end users.
8. Work in teams on highly visible and time sensitive projects.
9. Work outside normal working hours on downtime tasks such as patching, upgrading, and/or implementing new systems.
10. Perform data backup and restoration procedures
11. Provide timely, on-call assistance on emergency issues that arise outside normal working hours.
12. Travel to other campus locations for purposes of system implementation and maintenance.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=285
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency