Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Procedure Writer opportunity for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN for the Y-12 National Security Complex. This position requires an active DOE Q clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Bachelor of Science degree with 10+ years’ experience in technical disciplines in addition to experience writing technical procedures in a commercial or Weapons Complex facility.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a technical background with 15 years’ experience in writing technical procedures in a commercial nuclear or Weapons Complex may be considered evaluated for equivalency of these requirements.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a DOE Q clearance. An active DOE Q clearance preferred.
- Procedure Writers develop new, revised, or modified technical procedures which enable personnel to safety and correctly perform tasks associated with dimensional inspection, material testing, metrology, procurement, radiography, and weld inspection.
- The writer is responsible for complying with Y15-232, Technical Procedure Process, and the Technical Procedure Authoring Tool (TPAT).
- Procedure Writers will occasionally develop or revise administrative procedures and are responsible for complying with Y15-235, Administrative Management Requirements Process, and the Administrative Procedure Authoring Tool (APAT). Writer is also responsible for developing Enterprise procedures applicable to Y-12 and Pantex.
- Writers must be familiar with the regulatory and administrative requirements affecting procedures and must determine the technical requirements that apply to the procedures by examining DOE Orders and Standards; 60-101PD, Quality Assurance Program Description, and Y60-015, Integrated Quality Manual; Nuclear Criticality Safety (NCS) documents; and Hazard Analysis documents.
- Writers prepare & coordinate procedure reviews and comment resolution.
- The Writer implements hazard controls, captures quality and performance data, and ensures that the procedure can be performed as written through verification and validation.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website:
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40.00 - $70.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- procedure writing: 10 years (Preferred)
- Department of Energy: 1 year (Preferred)