- 4+ years of System Engineering experience in related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands-on experience managing efforts in Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large-scale web applications as well as strong understanding of database technology
- Hands-on & recent scripting experience in one or more of Java, ruby, python, bash/zsh, or perl.
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Would you like to help U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
Amazon Web Services is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world and we need the best engineers to help us implement and operate them.
We are seeking passionate and motivated hands-on Systems Engineers to join our growing team which assists in the launch of AWS services into new regions. We are a team of cleared engineers who provide technical resources to service teams with a mission that includes timely delivery and successful transition of operations back to the operations team. Then we move on to the next build project and help the next team build their service.
The ideal candidate thrives in learning and operating complex systems in addition to diagnosing and resolving the hardest corner case problems. You are fast on your feet and excited by the challenge of working in a hyper-growth environment with constant exposure to the latest services and technologies at AWS.
This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale and to gain deep experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success.
This position is perfect for you if you:
o Enjoy building complex systems
o Run towards the biggest problems
o Enjoy working autonomously
o Create reusable automation to replace manual work
o Are interested in developing tools and services to automate repetitive tasks
o Want to work with a team of engineers and developers to help design innovative solutions for service teams
o Use AWS services to build solutions to challenging problems
**Have questions, want to apply or have someone to refer - please contact Kevin Healy directly - email@example.com**
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- Experience with current web technologies
- Proven experience working with senior leadership and experience defining and delivering on a product roadmap
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with agile methodologies
- A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, preferably including hands-on experience with load balancers, switches, routers, etc
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age