- 10+ years experience leading the design, development and deployment of Data Analytics or Machine Learning solutions
- 12+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, applications, and networking
- 9+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience delivering business value to customers with Analytics and Machine Learning solutions on top of creating enterprise data strategy
- Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
- Consulting sales experience and ability to sell $1M+ professional services engagements
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services, as needed
We are looking for a Professional Services Senior Analytics and ML Solutions Architect for our US West Practice. Location flexible, as long as you are located in a major metropolitan hub in the US West.
Amazon Web Services is seeking a veteran professional services pre-sales analytics and ML architect to deliver value for companies via AWS's analytics and AI ML solutions. As a Professional Services pre-sales architect, you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technologies that will have a business impact on our customer’s technical strategy. You will work backwards from the customer's business goal to discover, define, and quantify. You will educate customer on "art of the possible" success stories and lead the customer with technical road map of analytics and ML solutions. This job drives through the sales process including technical scope, handling technical objections and competitive pressures, and closing with prescriptive technical guidance.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a technical sales effort that will include teaming with Professional Services colleagues in the West to provide comprehensive and compelling value propositions on Analytics and ML solutions. In addition, a candidate will collaborate with our AWS Sales, Business Development, Solutions Architect, Training and Service teams to help customers realize value of Analytics and ML solutions. The successful candidate will also possess a background to understand and formulate what customer needs based on their cloud maturity, skills, and data ecosystem. He/she drives an engagement and interact with multiple personas ranging from Chief Data Officer, CxO/VP level to Director levels who can guide them with framework such as data governance and security and analytic and ML solutions within the framework. The candidate should be able to easily interact with developers and technical architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a key member of the Account and Professional Services Go-To-Market teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or migrating, data and analytics and AI ML solutions to AWS platform
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
- Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class data and analytics solutions built on AWS while ensuring such solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud and drive business outcomes
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers and proof of concepts
- In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Math
- One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Specialty certifications
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges of Data Analytics and Machine Learning in an enterprise environment
- Extensive experience in leading large-scale full-cycle MPP enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects
- Current implementation and architecture experience in big data, data warehousing, data lake, operational analytics, data migration, and integration scenarios. (Amazon EMR, Hadoop, Spark, R, Presto, Hive, Amazon Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, Glue, Data Migration Services
- 3+ years of experience in design/implementation/consulting for Machine Learning/AI/Deep Learning solutions
- 1+ years of experience with one or more Deep Learning frameworks such as Apache MXNet, TensorFlow, Caffe2, Keras, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, Torch and Theano
- 5+ years professional experience in software development in languages related to ML like Python or R. Experience working with RESTful API and general service-oriented architectures.
- 3+ years of experience in technical architecture, design, deployment and operations for AI platforms, standards, protocols and devices
- Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers
- Willingness to travel up to 50%