Accounts Payable Clerk Summary:
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all accounts are paid and paid on time, as well as verifying that invoices are correct prior to payment being made. Responsibilities include creating payment legers, maintaining documentation of payments made, and obtaining approvals/signatures for payments.
Accounts Payable Clerk Responsibilities:
- Enter invoices and code to correct jobs.
- Verify received invoices to ensure they are correct.
- Match purchase orders to invoices.
- Audit and verify all credit card bills.
- Work with vendors regarding invoices to research and make corrections.
- Compiles records and reports for management review as requested.
- Create and maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policies and accounting practices.
- Obtain approvals on all invoices
- Obtain approvals/signatures on checks and distribute as appropriate.
- Assists other departments as needed
Accounts Payable Clerk Requirements:
- Requires 2+ years of accounts payable experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Detail orientation, strong technical skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Verbal and written communication proficiency
- Independently driven as a well as a team player
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing as well as a background investigation.
Accounts Payable Clerk Benefits & Perks:
- Hourly pay to be negotiated, commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits are available.
- 401k with 100% provision.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounts payable: 2 years (Required)