At Optum, we are leading the fastest moving industry in the world. Health care is transforming and we are innovating to help make the health care system work better for everyone. Our elite technology teams are working on multiple projects that impact the lives of millions.
In this Oracle ERP DBA and Administrator role, on our Shared Services Team, you will be responsible for administration of Oracle ERP application and related Databases. A typical day will involve standard Oracle DBA duties like supporting database backups and restores, refreshes, applying patches, working on any performance tuning requirements, and live monitoring of databases. You will work closely with DevOps teams to refine their SQL/PLSQL scripts, assist in application release deployments and support any database break-fix type requests. You will be required to participate in Production On-Call rotation.
- Administration and configuration of Oracle ERP E-Business Suite 12.x
- Administration and configuration of Oracle Databases(12c/11g)
- Monitoring Grid Alerts and resolve as needed
- Monitoring database performance using tools such as Stats pack, AWR, ADDM, ASH and advisors and recommend tuning options.
- Monitoring ASM storage; perform adding, resizing of data files, space management on disk groups, rebalancing of disks, etc
- As needed, perform Oracle DB backup and recovery using RMAN, Hot Backup, Data pump, cloning techniques.
- Performing Oracle DB patching, investigate and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Troubleshooting and resolving performance issues for Oracle databases and E-Business Suite.
- Collaborate with teammates, clients and other teams to identify and address systems problems, provide input and resolve issues
- Review technical documentation to verify compliance with client requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
- Ability to multi-task and be able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Keep leadership apprised of current issues and propose recommendations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 + years of Oracle ERP administration experience
- 5 + years or Oracle Database administration experience
- 3 + years of production support experience
- Oracle OEM Grid Alerts monitoring and resolution
- Cloning / Data refreshes from production database to other environments
- Experience with Data Guard and/or Golden Gate
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Concurrent Manger
- Willingness and ability to provide rotational 24x7 on-call support
- Willingness and flexibility to cross train in new DBA technologies and tools as part of today’s DevOps landscape
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with Oracle ERP 12.2
- Proficiency with adpatch, adop, adctrl, and adadmin utilities
- Experience tuning forms and weblogic JVMs.
- Experience performing DR switchover/failover
- Experience with Oracle OEM Grid administration
- WebLogic, OBIEE administration
- MySQL experience
- Professional experience in the Health Care industry
What are the work hours? (ex. 9am-5pm, day/night shifts, rotating shifts, etc)
Generally Business hours, as needed support and rotational on-call support
Job Type: Contract
- Oracle Database administration: 5 years (Required)
- production support: 3 years (Required)
- Oracle ERP: 3 years (Required)