GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Overview of position:
Performs a wide range of performance improvement duties. Responsible for the implementation of all quality initiatives at Genesis HealthCare System. Works with all departments on data collection and analysis to improve care at the hospital. Develops action plans and follow up on areas of concern and monitor compliance. Interacts with physicians and helps guide them on process/outcome improvements. Provides direct patient care involving infection control and quality of care issues. Assesses patient’s conditions involving infections and complications and intervenes appropriately.
Collects and analyzes benchmarking data. Accurately determines rate of compliance and assists with meeting benchmarks.
Evaluates compliance with CMS Standards, conducts mock surveys, compliance monitoring and actively participates in accreditation survey.
Conducts meetings in organized/prepared fashion and communicates information to appropriate individuals.
Performs initial review of physician/staff complaints regarding patient care issues.
Reviews charts for Core Indicators, VHA Collaborative, generic screenings, blood reviews, and potential litigation.
Educates employees on Quality/Risk Management/Infection Control.
Maintains and updates knowledge of current standards related to CDC, HFAP, CMS, etc.
Oversees development and review of policies and procedures.
Oversees a variety of projects assigned by the manager or director.
Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
Performs other functions as assigned.
BSN or Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field and current Ohio RN License.
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience.
Previous experience in performance improvement activities, case management, risk management or quality management.
In depth knowledge and understanding of local, state, and federal rules and requirements related to employment.
Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, analytical facilitation, conflict resolution and investigative skills.
Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects independently and use critical thinking skills.
Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
9. Excellent computer skills and knowledge of computer software, including programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No routine exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
- But may perform unplanned tasks with possible exposure.
- Works in an office environment.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds to waist level.
- Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, bend, and squat.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Close up and peripheral vision abilities.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.