The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening the foundation of community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than just a job—you’ll enjoy a career with the chance to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Healthy Living and Life Skills YMCA
Detroit, MI 48226
$11.00 - $13.00 per hour
Available hours are between 7am and 1pm.
Available hours are between 12pm and 5pm.
The Delivery Driver will set-up, coordinate and execute the delivery of fresh, healthy meals to YMCA sponsor sites.
The Delivery Driver will be well-supported by a fantastic team during onboarding but will be expected to become increasingly independent with time and experience. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate, self-directed, a team player, highly communicative, personable, professional, punctual, detail-oriented, reliable, and responsible. Delivery or transportation experience, familiarity with Detroit, and competencies in Email and Google Docs are preferred. A valid and up-to-date Chauffer License is required.
- Pickup / receive produce orders from our suppliers.
- Organize meals and materials according to site-specific preferences.
- Timely drop-offs & pick-ups to sponsor site locations.
- Return supplies and materials to appropriate locations in preparation for the next day.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness inside the delivery vehicle and production facility.
- Collect, check, and verify records.
- Serve and train as additional site monitors as requested.
Performs any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of DDH Food Service and the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
- Six months to one year of experience in delivery and/or transportation
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be able to interact with people from all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles
- Chauffer License
- Familiarity with Google Docs and E-mail helpful
- YMCA experience helpful
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit (“YMCA”) is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to be an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. The YMCA does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring or other terms or conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetic information, ethnicity, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military status or application or any other basis protected by state, federal or other applicable law.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of children in our programs. We hold all staff, regardless of position, to the highest possible standards. We require all staff to be screened regularly and sign a code of conduct. All staff will be monitored when interacting with
program participants. We take any inappropriate interactions between program
participants and with staff very seriously and will fully cooperate with
authorities in any case of abuse.