Responsible for supervising Payment Operations to include monitoring daily production for all team members while ensuring completion of all critical check, exception and ACH related operational functions. Actively supervises daily operations with an emphasis on Payment Operations. Works with Payment Operations Analyst in developing daily workflows and necessary training.
All employees should demonstrate our SSFCU core values - Caring, Innovative, Honest, Fair and Dedicated - while providing enthusiastic, professional and courteous service to SSFCU members and employees.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for supervising the Payment Operations Team, ensuring that they follow all established procedures. Directs the team as they review and make decisions to apply the appropriate processes within all Payment Operations applications ensuring compliance with federal rules and regulations while meeting specified deadlines. Ensures that the Credit Union is protected from losses or potential losses by monitoring the tasks of the Payment Operations staff daily.
- · Develops and trains the Payment Operations Team. Coaches and provides guidance to staff members in resolving problems and identifying gaps in processes. Works with Payment Operations Analyst to identify inefficiencies and propose solutions. Ensures that the service delivery is timely and evaluates and develops training programs.
- Interacts with employees and members on escalated issues to include resolving and acting on behalf of Management in their absence. Successfully implements team goals and strategies. Reviews and analyzes all measurement systems, identifies trends and makes recommendations to Management to enhance productivity, call quality and goal attainment.
- Hires, develops, trains and retains qualified individuals. Ensures assigned employees are performing at optimum levels by appropriate scheduling, coaching/counseling and training. Ensures evaluations are completed and administered within the appropriate payroll period.
Additional Job Responsibilities
* Responsible for assisting the MIS and QDM teams with script creation, testing and validation for system upgrades, defects, enhancements and regulatory changes.
* Responsible for detecting and tracking patterns with fraud and/or fraud activities for all check imaging processes. Coordinates image deposit finding with Management as well as Risk Management and make any necessary approved procedural adjustments ensuring the credit union does not take a potential loss.
* Ensures that all departmental metrics are completed on a daily basis and supports the management team in completing weekly and end of month reporting statistics. Performs other duties as assigned.
.Verifies teller packets daily and signs off on critical tasks completed to ensure dual control and audit of staff functions.
* Acts as a back up to the Servicing manager and other Payment Services management staff.
Education and Training
Requires Bachelor's degree in a related field or comparable experience. Requires 5 years of experience in the payment/ACH environment. Supervisory experience in a financial institution setting preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
Strong understanding specific to payment related channels with an emphasis on check, ACH and RDC related channels. Knowledge of regulations governing the operations of payment related applications (Reg CC, Reg E, etc.) required. Knowledge of personal computer programs to include, Word, Excel, Outlook, Monarch, Power Point and Visio
Requires good interpersonal skills and ability to function in a high volume environment. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with internal SSFCU departments
Requires ability to take initiative and make independent decisions in the best interest of the Credit Union.
Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs including the ability to provide seven day a week twenty-four hour a day on call support if necessary.
SEDENTARY WORK: Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking & standing are required only occasionally. Close visual acuity to perform activities like analyzing data, typing, writing, viewing a computer, reading, inspecting small parts or assembling. Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Evening and/or weekend shifts may be required.
Hours: Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30am - 6:00pm. Rotating Saturday shift between the hours of 8:30am - 2:00pm.