The Associate Director, Strategic Project Management and Initiatives, leads and coordinates complex strategic initiatives, manages project initiations and engineering projects, and supports the strategic capital planning process within the Capital Project & Portfolio management function. Develops strategic business ideas into options, applies innovative concepts related to technical solutions as well as cost and time-efficient project delivery. Typical project management responsibilities involve the scope definition, planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, commissioning, qualification and hand-over of company buildings, structures or equipment. Defines the project scope, forms and leads cross-functional project teams, develops execution strategy, master schedules and spending schedules. Develops and manages multiple large contracts or hires and directs contracted (temporary) staff to perform required services. Interacts with senior management for performance reviews.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of vendor selection:
- Sets up logistics system, including RFQ’s, bid selection materials management, invoice approval.
- Reviews and approves cost estimates, sets up check and balance system.
- Integrates construction team into planning and design review.
- Advanced technical oversight:
- Mobilizes appropriate internal and external resources to provide new and innovative solutions to challenging engineering and project management problems that require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to advise project teams and senior management with respect to strategic planning, design and project resolution.
- Management oversight:
- Ultimately responsible for the economic and reliable delivery of significant, multiple complex engineering projects.
- Ensures deliverables meet internal standards, budget and schedule. Frequent review of progress vs. schedule vs. cost with appropriate teams. Communicates updates to the relevant steering committee at predefined milestones and at defined intervals.
- Applies extensive project management skills and concepts. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Cross-functional team leadership:
- Prepares and conducts project team meetings including issuing of agenda and action items. Prepares management decisions together with the team and brings about these decisions in a timely manner.
- Provides guidance to team members or subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy. Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect capital projects.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year accredited college or university in engineering or project management; and nine (9) to twelve (12) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution (M.A,) preferred.
- Experience in Bio-pharmaceutical project engineering.
- Must be organized and capable of managing tasks on multiple, concurrent services or projects.
- Must be skilled in reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Must have deep understanding of project and facilities management economics and applicable accounting requirements.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to establish highly functional relationships with diverse personalities both within and outside the company.
- Must work well within demanding business requirements and timelines, and be able to prepare and present complex strategic investment options with ambiguous or incomplete business information.
- Intermediate MS Outlook, Work and Excel skills.
- Intermediate MS Project software skills.
- Highly regulated (FDA, DEA, EMEA, and EPA). Significant technical/operational risk due to increasing legal and regulatory complexity.
- The combination of intense regulation (i.e. pharmaceutical production, controlled substances, environmental and safety, etc.), overall risk of operations, and a dynamic process driven production environment results; in a complex business/operational model with multiple competing factors needing to be balanced.
- Coordination and communication between multiple departments, including
- Manufacturing, Process Science, Quality and Maintenance.
- Work is primarily directed at the site; however, may interact with colleagues at other USA and worldwide sites
- Decisions directly affect the supply of clinical and commercial products and therefore have an impact to the overall success of the organization
- Effectiveness of Engineering function assures no interruption of product supply
Who We Are:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job - Engineering/Infrastructure/Site Services
Primary Location - Americas-US-CA-Fremont
Organization - US-BI Fremont
Schedule - Full-time