Gotham Technology Group, LLC. is a leading full service IT solutions company seeking a Systems Engineer, Level 3 -Security/Networking for our corporate office in Montvale, NJ.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Systems Engineer, Level 3 -Security/Networking (SE) is focused on:
- Installation, configuration management and support of Network and Security related products.
- Work on-site or remotely to diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity and overall functionality.
- Develop complex workarounds in addition to reproducing issues in-house as needed in order to restore functionality at customers’ sites.
- Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally.
- Attend or participate in various product training sessions or classes in order to broaden skill set, obtain certifications, and maintain/enhance GTG's vendor relationships.
- Lab GTG core technologies for additional experience and in preparation of obtaining necessary certifications.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Internal systems maintenance. Work with other teams and the GTG Support Desk as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience deploying enterprise firewall and proxy products. (Check Point & Blue Coat a plus.)
- Experience with networking within large network environments and involvement with setup and administration of VPN’s, IP load balancing, and GSLB. NetScaler a plus.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as outstanding oral and written communication skills are required
- Check Point CCSE or similar
- Citrix CCP-N
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE Routing & Switching or Security
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, management information systems or related field or equivalent experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- systems engineer: 3 years (Required)