TRIAGE/OFFICE RN, Nephrology
Edward-Elmhurst Medical Group
Location: Center for Health, 1200 S. York St, Elmhurst
This physician practice is a 3 provider office, but growing to 6 provders in the next year. Office hours are Monday-Friday, with Thursday evenings. Currently, no Saturdays but subject to change.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, The Triage Nurse is a Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for patient care needs through the use of inbound and outbound telephone practice. The Triage Nurse continuously demonstrates positive customer relationship skills by assessing caller needs through active listening, clinical assessment, education and advanced problem-solving abilities. The Triage Nurse will actively manage patient's immediate and ongoing needs with attention to acute and preventative intervention. Duties include: phone triage, patient education, testing, insurance pre-authorization and referrals, patient outreach to close care gaps, participate in process improvement plans, rooming, clean and stock exam rooms.
- BSN preferred, Current Illinois RN license and Current CPR for Healthcare Providers required.
- Office RN experience, preferred
- Prior work experience in Nephrology, highly preferred
- Self-starter, able to handle periods of high stress
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking/sitting/bending/reaching/climbing and repetitive use of hands
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. and carry/push up to 20 lbs.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both written & verbal
- Flexible to scheduling changes including overtime, evening and Saturday rotation
- CAN CONSIDER A NEW GRADUATE RN!!
Edward-Elmhurst Medical Group, creating one of the largest healthcare provider groups in the Chicago area.
- More than 650 clinicians including hospital-based and ambulatory providers, and those from Linden Oaks Medical Group
- Nearly 400 physicians representing 25 specialties
- 50 locations serving 26 communities throughout Cook, DuPage, DeKalb, Kane, Kendall and Will counties.
Location: Edward-Elmhurst Health · EC NEPHROLOGY
Schedule: Full time, Days/Evenings, M-F anytime between 8a and 7p