This position is responsible for the enterprise functional quality assurance programs, policies, and initiatives. Responsible for identifying, analyzing and developing improvements in productivity, quality, client relationships, and customer service. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Will lead and direct the work of others.
- Builds relationship with key business partners to identify and resolve business issues.
- Lead and manage Innovation initiatives for the Enterprise Quality Engineering
- Responsible for performing and leading the integration, system, and regression testing of software with both manual and automated test execution
- Provide leadership in defining and executing strategy across the enterprise for all aspects of quality engineering
- Developing quality artifacts (Test Strategy, Test Plans etc.,)
- Ensure test data management best practices for full testing across integrated enterprise systems
- Develop environment controls to manage and test projects and initiatives across Dev, Test, Stage
- Conduct lessons learned throughout the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Work collaboratively with all IT teams to understand objectives, gather testing and automation requirements, troubleshoot issues, and implement test solutions
- Plan test schedules in accordance with release and project schedules
- Train and mentor all resources on processes and technology for Quality Assurance and Testing
- Track and analyze testing metrics to identify areas of improvement in the SDLC and make recommendations
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of the Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Adheres to industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- Enforces QA engineering standards and best practices.
- Analyzes and contributes to the development of test process documents.
- Handles hiring/termination, performance reviews, and other personnel management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field required
- At least 10 years of software test development and project management experience, including 2-4 years in management /leadership of direct reports
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Presentation, facilitation and writing skills.
- Project management – estimating, planning, controlling, risk management, issue resolution, and execution.
- Working with Agile and Waterfall delivery processes.
- Experience with the Hewlett-Packard (HP) Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)/Quality Center (QC), Unified Functional Test, Service Virtualization or equivalent testing tools.
- Should have experience in industry-leading test tools like Selenium, QTP, Hewlett- Packard (HP) Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)/Quality Center (QC), Unified Functional Test, Service Virtualization or equivalent testing tools, Appium, Squish, Jira, Octane
- Experience in the design and development of test automation solutions.
- Process minded with a strict regard to detail.
- Strong experience delivering software testing in an agile development environment.
- Proven record of accomplishments for successfully planning, designing and executing system tests for enterprise applications.
- Experience with a diverse set of quality assurance tools and environments.