Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside world leading scientists and engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
We are currently seeking an experienced manager to lead and grow team of scientists and engineers working on advanced optical systems for near-to-eye display applications. This is a full-time position and requires masters level degree in optical engineering, physics, or similar, and experience in development and validation of complex optical systems. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Manage team of optical scientists with focus on developing accommodation and eye tracking solutions for near-to-eye display applications
- Build engineering capabilities and processes for the design development, debugging, and testing of eye tracking and accommodation optical systems
- Collaborate across multiple internal teams on definition and execution of research and development roadmap
- Build relationships with industry partners to identify and develop
- Create career development plans, manage performance, create performance reviews, and recruit optical engineers and scientists
- Provide team guidance, feedback, education, coaching and mentoring
5+ years of experience in optical sciences or engineering in industrial research and development, 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience with optical systems design, custom materials, electronics, testing, characterization, and manufacturing technologies
- Knowledge of opto-mechatronics technologies including materials properties, visual optical performance, and electronic controls
- Knowledge of designed experiments, data management, and related statistical data analysis methods
- MS or PhD in Optical Sciences or Physics or related field with 5+ years of experience in research and development of advanced optics, materials science, or photonic systems
Experience with physics, mechanical, optical and/or electrical modeling tools