Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Rocky Mount, North Carolina for a Customer Service Associate.
Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Ensures that customers receive the best service possible through processing orders, preparing general correspondence, and coordinating with other functions as required. Acts as customer contact regarding order issues, scheduling, and shipping.
- Team members will be expected to help where ever the work load dictates under minimal supervision
- Provide consultative, support information to customers (lead time, availability, policy), making recommendations and providing guidance
- Performs order management functions for a specific set of customers/accounts; responsibility for the entire order life cycle (pricing, change order & cancellation processing, invoicing/credit memos)
- Act as single point of contact to the customer for order inquiries
- Possess general understanding of logistics, transportation, warehousing needs of assigned customer base
- Collaborates with internal production, planning & materials teams to ensure prompt, accurate and timely order throughput
- Communicate with staff from other areas in the organization such as production, warehouse, or logistics to confirm the status of orders and resolve customer complaints
- Support departmental goals and initiatives to become a more proactive customer support organization: develop, document and enhance standard sales administrative practices as they pertain to customer communication, manufacturing communication and order processes
- Identify ideas and develop proactive communications to assigned customer base, regarding processes, policy and / or best practices
- Participates in continuous improvement projects
- Maintain high quality standards in all aspects of work, despite pressing deadlines
- Must be flexible with working hours, shifts and job tasks to support meeting customer needs and team goals. Including weekends and holidays
- Must have a quality product mindset to support both delivery and quality goals
- Must be able to work constructively with other team members and learn / train as required
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent is required
- Two (2) years Customer Service Experience
- Ability to read and interpret product process documentation
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel & Power Point)
Ability to maintain a mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with interpersonal conflicts
Ability to attentive to all aspects of the environment while working; to monitor environment during routine activity
Commitment to Task:
Ability to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency; to commit to long hours of work
Policy & Procedures:
Ability to relate to routine operations in a manner that is consistent with existing solutions to problems, conform to established policies and procedures
Ability to modify one’s own behavior style to respond to the needs of others while maintaining one’s own objectives and sense of dignity
.Tolerance of Ambiguity:
Ability to deal with unresolved situation, frequent change, delays and unexpected events
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
United States-North Carolina-Rocky Mount-US, NC, Rocky Mount, CDC Case-Cummins
Recruitment Job Type Shop
Jun 22, 2018, 9:40:45 PM
Jun 29, 2018, 10:59:00 PM