/ GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for obtaining customer orders in a timely manner and meeting deadlines, all while providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:A teammate in this position must:
- Secure Manual food orders and/or work with Sourcelink failed calls using JDE and PCM software.
- Contact customers as necessary when we are unable to secure their automated order.
- Be vigilant in manning inbound phone queue to assure inbound customer calls are handled with minimum hold times.
- Polling automated orders that were not secured via their first computer call.
- Assist customers with problems associated with the automatic order taking process, i.e. resetting modems or referring them to the appropriate Help Desk.
- Keep abreast of current promotions and tests and be able to provide customers with product and item number information.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Make sure deadlines for each individual Distribution Center are met and each customer has had appropriate attempts to secure their food order.
- Process automated orders that have "exceptions" that is: will not post.
- Cover phone help desk to assist customers and CSR's with item number questions, add-ons to food orders, or other customer issues.
- Review unsecured orders at deadline and make a final attempt to collect a manual order.
- Follow DC directions for final processing of any outstanding orders (move to DC, duplicate or no order).
- Secure all orders before we leave regardless of the time of day.
- Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Have good computer and ten key skills.
- Have strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Have schedule flexibility.
- Have organizational skills.
- Have previous customer service experience and knowledge of foodservice distribution process is preferred.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.