Spartanburg Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Spartanburg, SC is seeking an experienced and detail oriented Office Manager/Controller for a rapidly growing car dealership. Automotive industry experience is a must. Automotive office/administrative manager experience preferred. We are seeking an individual with high energy who is a team player to join our growing, fast paced dealership.
Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
As the Office Manager/Controller, you will be responsible for leading the office team in insuring all store transactions are processed accurately and timely. You must be well-versed in all facets of accounting, cost control, collections, margin expansion and financial controls. You must possess proven leadership and coaching abilities with a focus on communication and customer relations in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Manage all accounting and office functions.
- Supervise all office staff.
- Complete and submit quarterly tax reports to state.
- Monitor cash flow of business.
- Regularly and accurately reports the financial condition of the dealership to the Owner/General Manager.
- Complete monthly financial reports.
- Summarizes sales and expense analysis to detect potential problem areas and opportunities for improved company profitability.
- Provide management with timely reviews of dealership financial status and progress.
- Interprets the financial statement and daily operating reports and informs management of developing trends.
- Reinforces company policies and adheres to all company standards.
- Maintains and inspects for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place.
- Review and reconcile general ledger accounts with outside sources to ensure proper bank reconciliation, reserve accounts, and floor plan payables.
- Other administrative and accounting duties as needed.
- Previous experience as an Office Manager/Controller or a minimum of five years experience as an assistant to an Office Manager in a high volume auto dealership.
- Good knowledge of modern accounting theory, principles and practices; knowledge of accounting terminology; knowledge of financial record keeping and reporting and budget preparation.
- Communicates effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentational skills.
- Detail oriented, logical and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to recruit, train and maintain a high-caliber staff.
We offer a top employer contributing benefit package to include: health, dental and life insurance. Banks Crossing Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram offers a principle 401K program, paid vacation and a great environment to excel and grow. $75,000 annual salary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.