Memorial Health Care Systems, an NRHA Award Winning Critical Access Hospital, is seeking a Full-Time Physician Assistant for our Milford, NE Clinic.
This is an opportunity to work with a strong, dedicated health care team while earning a competitive wage and benefits package.
This position requires Saturday morning rotation in our Seward Clinic and rotating week-night Emergency Room call. Qualifications required are a Nebraska Physician Assistant license and candidate must be certified. Previous clinic and Rural ER experience is preferred.
Position Summary: Provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of supervising Physician and Clinic Manager by performing the following duties. Patient services may be provided in the MHCS clinics, hospital or nursing home settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Listed below; other duties may be assigned.
- Actively demonstrate support for the Customer Service Standards of Practice by using CPR (Communication, Professionalism, and Rights & Compliance) in your daily interaction with patients and residents, supervisors, subordinates, co-workers, and the general public.
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Assures that patients’ rights are maintained.
- Keeps conversations/communications and discussions confidential.
- Communicates emergency situations in the facility and alerts proper authorities if necessary.
- Assures the safety of equipment used by the staff and patients by alerting the Maintenance Department of malfunctions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nebraska Physician Assistant