What do we do?
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling 3D sensing optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s Commercial Lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide.
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disability
What Will You Do?
Product Line finance is a strategic part of Lumentum’s Finance Organization. The Finance team actively partners with product lines and is an integral part of the decision making process from start to finish. Analysts impact all aspects of the business: New product strategy, project prioritization, R&D execution, product cost improvement and sales.
This position supports our high growth 3D sensing and Lasers product lines which have a product portfolio that enables mobile 3D sensing applications as well as cutting edge Laser technologies. The candidate will forge strong business partnerships to support strategic decisions, including driving the annual strategic planning process. He/she will work day to day with the PLM/R&D Leaders and senior management to advise them on all financial matters regarding the business.
Responsibilities will include critical analysis to support decision-making while working directly with our key business partners. Projects could include effective R&D resource allocation, new product financial analysis, product cost optimization and end to end new product data analytics. In addition the analyst will play a critical part in the annual planning, quarterly budgeting and monthly close processes. The analyst will also have close collaboration with other groups within and outside of finance to help improve overall product line profitability throughout the year.
- 1-3 years’ experience in high tech public companies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business related
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly
- Demonstrated detail-oriented work ethic
- High degree of sensitivity and discretion in working with confidential information, required
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate to advanced level Excel skills
- Oracle R12, Tableau, Hyperion experience is ideal
Primary Location: US-CA-Milpitas
Work Locations: Milpitas-HQ, CA USA
400 N McCarthy Blvd
Organization: US BU
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jun 14, 2018, 11:24:57 PM