JOB POSITION: Certifications & Engineering Coordinator
Under the general supervision of the Certifications Manager, the Certifications & Engineering Coordinator will provide support primarily to Verdani Partners’ Certifications Department and Technical Services Department in implementing sustainability practices for green building certifications and technical credits, in the following green building certifications: LEED, Fitwel, Green Globes, IREM CSP and others.
The Coordinator will help support two departments in the following main functions:
1. Certifications Department: The Coordinator will help manage green building certification projects and help prepare the meeting agendas, scorecards, and supporting documentation for LEED EBOM, Fitwel, Green Globes, IREM CSP and other projects (70% of the time).
2. Technical Services Department: The Coordinator will assist with LEED technical Prerequisites and Credits (i.e. ASHRAE Level I Audit Reports, TVOC + CO2 Testing Reports, monthly meter entries) for LEED EBOM Applications to obtain the client’s goal level of certification (30% of the time).
· Provide analytical support to the Certifications Manager by monitoring the certification process as it pertains to LEED EBOM v4.1, LEED v4 ID+C, Fitwel – Multifamily and Workplace, Green Globes for New Construction and Existing Buildings, IREM CSP Office and Multifamily and others.
· Promote energy efficiency, water efficiency, waste diversion, health and wellness, and other sustainability practices by researching building operations and maintenance best practices
· Prepare analytical reports and project summaries based on certification results
· Update the existing green building certification projects, efforts and events while keeping the departments and team aware of opportunities for collaboration, participation, reporting and marketing
· Remain up-to-date on the latest green building certifications, trends and green products
· Provide technical support to the Technical Services Department by collaborating with engineers in relation to information requests, ensuring sustainability is accounted for in the certification process, and budget
· Assist with LEED EBOM v4 and v4.1 technical prerequisites and credits using Performance Score (Arc platform) by preparing all necessary data sheets for ASHRAE Level I audit reports, TVOC+CO2 reports, IAQ Measurements, and other necessary documentation as needed to complete a submission
· Be willing to travel to out of state project sites, at least 10% of the time
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, environmental sciences, urban planning, or a sustainability degree or equivalent 4-year college degree, and 2-years of project experience
· LEED AP O+M, BD+C, or ID+C
· Proven experience with green building certification requirements, as outlined by USGBC
· Successful completion of at least 1 LEED certification for EBOM, NC or CI
· Experience with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
· Knowledge of Arc Platform, LEED Online and/or Fitwel Portal
· Knowledge of Green Building and Sustainability Concepts
· Demonstrated ability to utilize multiple resources, references and data to conduct research analysis
· Ability to work effectively in a high volume and diverse work environment; ability to analyze, compile and present green building certification-related data effectively to others
· Demonstrated ability using excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to work collaboratively with others
· Capable of handling client needs and problems efficiently and effectively
· At least one green building credential is required with preference to those having multiple accreditations: LEED AP O+M, WELL AP, Fitwel Ambassador, ENVISION SP, or BREEAM Assessor
· Proven experience with other green building certification requirements, such as:
· Experience using Arc Platform for submitting LEED EBOM certifications
· Experience with green building certifications for Multifamily Residential projects
· Ability to read architectural drawings and floor plans
· Knowledge of California State and Federal Public Resources Codes for,
· Experience conducting technical tests and/or audits
· At least one-year experience using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
· Experience documenting LEED Technical Prerequisites and Credits such as Energy Efficiency Best Management Practices, Fundamental Refrigerant Management, Enhanced Refrigerant Management, Minimum Indoor Air Quality Measurements
· Knowledge of building systems
· Data management software skills
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
If interested in position, please submit all the following requested items:
ABOUT VERDANI PARTNERS
Verdani is a full-service sustainability consulting firm. Our international team of experts believes in living and working with sound environmental and economic values. We specialize in greening large portfolios of existing buildings and support corporate sustainability needs. Verdani Partners maintains a high level of technical and practical knowledge in real estate, building operations, energy analysis, financing, codes, and certifications. Our approach is to identify and prioritize effective solutions that can be sustained over the life of the building, adding economic, social and environmental value along the way. We have an incredible team and focus on performance and getting results while allowing our teams the flexibility they need for a good work life balance.
Verdani is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive full-time salary and benefits. We strongly encourage diversity in our team. The applicant must be authorized to work in the US.
**Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we aren't able to give status updates on your application at this time. If you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly via email.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year