Work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment to assist with the technical program management of research and development (R&D) efforts. Leverage expertise in the subject matter to advise clients in multiple areas, including molecular biology, synthetic biology, biochemistry, genetics, and biomedical data analysis with a particular focus on the innovative applications of biological principles and properties. Provide strategic assessments of novel scientific discoveries and emerging technologies for a larger client portfolio. Draft and edit documents for a range of technical audiences.
- 5+ years of experience with research in the fields of molecular biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, or genetics, including research as a graduate student
- 5+ years of experience with authoring technical papers, reports, or program plans for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to show multiple first-author contributions to peer-reviewed papers or patents
- Ability to explain and present complex scientific concepts to a broad audience
- Ability to commute to Arlington, VA
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Molecular Biophysics, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Neuroscience, or Genetics
- 2+ years of experience with postdoctoral academic or industrial research
- Experience in working with government agencies
- Experience with science and technology policies
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including expertise in scientific writing
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.