At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal:
to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world's largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine's Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
- Manage global indirect tax matters
- Manage audit requests, timeline and waivers
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly and annual Sales and Use Tax filings, GST/VAT and other domestic and international tax filings.
- Support in the management of tax audits including prepare and provide auditors with supporting documentation using various internal systems
- Manage relationships with internal, external and IT contacts for data files and information
- Investigate causes of issues and errors through understanding company operations and business procedures
- Recommend corrective action and suggest improvements with business partners. Develop plans to modify and improve existing processes to reduce future audit risk.
- Manage tax planning and reserve activity
- Update current tax rules and tax legislation changes
- Research tax regulations and tax rules to support projects and initiatives
- Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues and tax implications
- Manage and support outside consultant projects and requests
- Provide tax guidance and rules to support internal contacts
- Manage and oversee tax rates, tax classification and exemption documentation
- Review and approve monthly use tax accruals, journal entries and related supporting documentation
- Manage and maintain SOX compliance, desktop procedures and key controls
- Assist with state tax nexus studies and taxability analysis
- Prepare insightful analytics summary for management review
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of public accounting and/or industry accounting experience including indirect tax, income tax accounting and compliance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, or finance related field
- Experience in interacting with auditors, audit defense and tax appeals
- Experience in sales and use tax preparation, laws and tax research
- Excellent project management and strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills and advanced Excel skills
- High energy, high motivation and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience
- An attention to detail, excellent planning and organization
- The ability to efficiently prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Problem solving skills, and are an independent thinker and self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Masters in Tax or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Both public accounting and technology industry experience
- Experience with Netsuite, Avalara, and/or Blackline
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We're not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We're a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo ( https://blog.cloudflare.com/protecting-free-expression-online/ ): We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare's enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian ( https://www.cloudflare.com/athenian/ ): We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership ( https://blog.cloudflare.com/tag/path-forward/ ): Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you'd like to be a part of? We'd love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.