WeGotSoccer (WGS) is looking for a Graphic Artist to join our growing team. An ideal candidate will possess strong production skills, an ability to think quickly, have some experience in sportswear decoration and will have a passionate understanding of creative design. In addition, the candidate must be capable of designing art that falls within the framework of our brand identity and comfortable with creating new and original work to support the company’s unique needs.
The Graphic Designer will report directly to the Creative Director and will work collaboratively with other company departments on channel-specific proofing or graphic needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough fluency and understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign on a production level a must.
- Thorough understanding of print production process and able to create various application artwork files.
- Possess excellent design skills, reinforce brand through design solutions, bring fresh direction and insight to creative while maintaining defined brand standards.
- Independently manage workload, deadlines, quality of work produced, and follow defined procedures, policies, and processes.
- Evaluate assigned proof requests and make proactive recommendations for applications and placement.
- Ability to create accurate production proofs and create original artwork/logos.
- Maintain organization and management of files to ensure Creative Design team maximizes operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Understanding the various applications used in production and have the ability to determine the appropriate application needed based on the apparel being customized.
- Fundamental understanding of designing art for apparel decoration.
- Strong understanding of design elements such as color, typography, and formatting.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates effective business communications collateral and a wide variety of quality design solutions.
- Must be proficient and demonstrate usage of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign CC or above)
- 3+ years experience in Graphic Design or creative environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic/Web Design, Fine Arts or Visual Communications.
- Portfolio must demonstrate usage of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign CC or above)
- Preferred experience in apparel decorating.
- Requires strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and juggle multiple projects with sensitive deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, quality, and process
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Job Type: Full-time
- Design: 3 years
- apparel: 2 years