Agility 360 is seeking a skilled Carpenter to join our growing team of construction professionals. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructures and products while possessing an eye for detail. The qualified candidate must demonstrate consistency, dependability, and willingness to work hard and take pride in their workmanship.
- Perform small to medium maintenance/repairs, remodeling, and home improvement projects.
- Communicate with customers about scope of work, cost estimates, and manage expectations.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements.
- Work cooperatively with a team to complete required jobs.
- Work with peers and leadership to evaluate job requirements and cost.
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by construction management.
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- 2-3 years building experience preferred
- Must have valid drivers license and registered vehicle
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Ability to read blueprints
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stamina and good physical condition required
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Must be able to read a tape measure, working drawings and speed square.
- Ability to add and subtract in all units of standard U.S. measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to carry out instructions communicated in writing, orally or in diagram form
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
- May require working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Capable of performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to complete work on time with minimal supervision
- Ability to work wells with others in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness to travel to this and other job sites as necessary
- Must be willing to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned
- Job type: Full-time
- Hourly Rate: $20 to $24.00 /hour
- Travel may be required