Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc., dba Heluna Health is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) agency dedicated to improving the heath and well-being of communities. It is the nation’s premier catalyst for optimizing population health outcomes. Heluna Health partners with academic researchers, government agencies, foundations and private sponsors to offer a suite of services, including contracts and grants management; fiscal sponsorship (providing a financial ‘home’ for researchers, programs and agencies); human resources support; accounting services; real estate/leasing and direct population health program leadership.
Reporting to the Project Accounting Supervisor, the AP Specialist will perform data processing, including analyzing all incoming program requests for payment. This position requires the ability to process a high volume of documents inclusive of invoices, receiving documents and contracts that must be matched to budgeted amounts. This individual must be detail-oriented to ensure amounts are properly posted to the correct programs and appropriate accounts as well as in the correct time period. This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, providing excellent customer service at all times.
This role is currently work-from-home and may require moving to the office environment after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Reviews, validates, and processes all invoices and authorizations for payment.
- Ensures all related information and documents are included. Payment types include, but are not limited to, mileage/travel, credit card charges, utilities, subcontractors, consultants, reimbursements and advances.
- Contacts project directors, vendors and others, as needed.
- Prepares vouchers for all payment types ensuring correct project and account number coding.
- Ensures proper paperwork and required documentation are submitted with all payment requests.
- Works with other departments on reconciliation of over expenditures and other budget-related matters.
- Timely completes monthly close process ensuring received invoices are processed and ensures appropriate accruals are prepared
- Handles special requests by programs in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings and site visits relative to assigned programs.
- Handles vendor discrepancies and past due balance reconciliations.
- Assists, when needed, with data entry and check run processing.
- Assists with obtaining required data for audits inclusive of pulling supporting. documentation, and compiling data in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the Organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Teamwork – Collaborate effectively with the team and provide guidance/assistance to team members as needed.
- Customer Service – Meet or exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills – Interpret data and resolve issues as they arise.
- Communication Skills – Clearly express oneself both orally and in writing to various levels within the organization.
- Timeliness – Plan and complete tasks within the required timeframe.
- Detail-oriented – Pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accuracy – Perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability – Accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Business Acumen – Grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Financial Aptitude – Understand and explain economic and accounting information.
- Honesty/Integrity – Be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
AA in Accounting required, with a four year bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
Experience in an accounting environment processing a high volume of accounts payable a plus.
Non-profit / government contracting environment experience a plus.
Knowledge of Oracle Fusion or similar ERP accounting software a plus.
Handling / Fingering Frequently
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Frequently - Up to 10 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 25 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not required for essential functions
(0 - 2 hrs/day)
(2 - 5 hrs/day)
The position will require the ability to perform all functions of the job in a remote location suitable to conduct business uninterrupted throughout the day. General office settings.
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Licenses & Certifications