Lockheed Martin Space is recruiting three Counsel positions to support the legal team of the Space business area. The legal function encompasses all aspects of legal support to the business, which includes U.S. government, commercial, and international contracting and spans heavy manufacturing to software design and integration. The Space legal function also includes the international trade compliance and anticorruption programs, as well as legal advice to the board of directors of the United Launch Alliance joint venture.
Each position will support the Lockheed Martin Space legal team, handling a variety of legal issues in support of more senior attorneys. The roles will entail some or all of the following: regulatory interpretation; government and commercial contracting; litigation support; intellectual property; subcontracting; and employment matters. Work will vary from legal research to review and revision of licenses and contracts, to assisting in the development of solutions to complex legal and business problems.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a collegial office environment while working closely with experienced practitioners on sophisticated matters, often of national importance.
The role entails approximately 20% travel.
This person must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- A member in good standing of a state bar
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience with the U.S. government, a nationally recognized law firm, or a corporation in a highly-regulated industry
- Demonstrated record of successful performance and increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent legal research, writing, and oral communication skills
- Detail-orientation and strong analytical abilities
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Resourcefulness and sound judgment
- Creative mindset and willingness to take ownership of projects
- Commitment to ethical behavior and ability to function well in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Dedication to quality and high performance standards in all work tasks
- Commitment to contributing as part of a high-performing team
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Ability to travel
- Ten years of relevant legal work experience
- Experience in the aerospace or security industry
- Experience with dispute resolution and litigation
- Active security clearance
- Business acumen
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.