B3 Group Inc. is looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer/Software Engineer to provide hands-on software development for various projects within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The successful candidate will participate in the full system lifecycle including analysis, planning, implementation, testing, documentation, and deployment. They will have a solid understanding of understanding, creating, manipulating, and querying databases.
Prefer experience with one or more of the following:
Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership of technical designs, code development, and component test execution to demonstrate alignment to the functional specification.
- Using configuration management and integration/build automation tools to lead and deploy code.
- Applying knowledge of common, relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures.
- Performing code reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and improvements
- Supporting issue analysis and fix activities during test phases, as well as production issue resolution.
- Fixing and performance tuning web and mobile based applications.
- Developing and demonstrating a broad set of technology skills in multiple programming languages and various technologies.
- Collaborating within a project team comprised of talented employees with diverse and complementary skills.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to more junior developers as needed.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following skills and experience:
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical discipline, OR a minimum of 8 years equivalent work experience.
- At least 5+ years of related work experience required.
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures
- Understanding of established software development life cycles
- Understanding of relational databases and database structures, SQL and MySQL preferred.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation
- Fundamental understanding of web‐based systems programming and development
- Comfortable working with agile methodology and tools
- A team player who is effective working remotely and independently and collaboratively
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to technology.
- Ability to adapt well to diverse environments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels in an organization.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs and/or other federal organizations.
- Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum approach.
- Experience with Rational Tools Suite is plus.
- Current VA access is preferred but not mandatory for this position.
- Knowledge of VA VIP and ProPath support would be considered a plus
- Active Microsoft/AWS certifications are a plus.
Preference will be given to those individuals where their primary residency is located in a qualified HUBZone (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map/)
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client's mission.
You like to make your client look good.
You find solutions, where others only see problems.
You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
You are aware of the client’s needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole.
You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person who is a member of our organization. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
Paid Federal Holidays
Annual Leave/Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
401(k) plan with contribution match
Continuing education assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Referral Program
Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Short (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
About B3 Group, Inc.
B3 Group, Inc. is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and HUBZone certified health IT firm providing end-to-end technology support services to the federal government and enterprise customers. Our values-driven team of business, IT and management professionals blend innovation and client-first thinking to deliver sustainable solutions for better healthcare outcomes.
Established in 2008 and located in a Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, B3 Group is founded on the principles of servant leadership. Those principles are reflected in every aspect of our operations.
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.