We are seeking builders to be technical design leaders on the founding team of a brand-new AWS service that will power mission critical, real-time streaming applications. This service will become a key part of the AWS portfolio supporting the next generation of big data workloads.
This role relies on your ability to design large-scale distributed systems and develop, test and launch a highly scalable and available service to AWS customers. You will design and build new features, identify and investigate new technologies, prototype solutions, and test and review changes, to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
The ideal candidate has experience designing large-scale systems supporting millions of transactions per second, enjoys solving complex software problems, and possesses analytical, design and problem-solving skills. Ideally you have an in-depth understanding of streaming data technologies like Amazon Kinesis or Apache Kafka, and experience with open-source data processing frameworks like Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics, or Apache Storm. Your responsibilities will include collaborating with other engineers to build a large scale AWS service from scratch, mentor team members and work with senior leaders to define your team's roadmap.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Familiarity with Java or similar languages
- Knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable online services
- Experience operating highly available services
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, checkpointing, and load balancing
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark or other Big Data processing platforms.
- Experience mentoring other engineers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.