Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for a strong civil/aviation engineering Area Manager for our IT/Special Systems department in our Salt Lake City, UT office. The Area Manager – IT/Special Systems will report to the Deputy Program Director – Technology/Special Systems Integration.
- Responsible for coordination of Systems design with other disciplines such as heating, ventilation, mechanical, plumbing and fire protection.
- Responsible for Fire, Life Safety issues and Safety Certifications as they pertain to Systems scope of work.
- Responsible for the successful delivery and integration of the Systems design phase activities, design budget, compliance, scope definition, construction delivery support, construction coordination, construction quality assurance, construction change order request evaluation and field engineering from inception through closeout of all projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology or related discipline or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, certification, training, skills, knowledge, abilities and aviation experience is required
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive U.S. aviation Systems design and construction experience with capital projects of $200 million or greater in value required
- Demonstrated experience managing multi discipline Systems teams at large hub airports required
- Experience in both Systems design, and installation & integration experience for all major systems components with a focus on systems integration is required
- Familiar with a wide range of project delivery methods (for example design-bid-build, design-build, and construction manager at risk) is required
- Experience preparing and negotiating Systems design fees and reviewing construction change requests, developing a Systems design schedule and Systems design delivery plan, conducting presentations, public speaking and possess good written communication skills are required
- Experienced in interpreting and reviewing the Systems contract documents including but not limited to schematic design (SD-30% documents), design development documents (DD-60% documents), construction documents (CD-100% documents), bid and award, conformed documents, requests for information (RFI), change orders, submittals, bulletins, as built drawings and close out documentation is required
- Experience with and understanding of Airport Systems including SACS (Security Access Control System), CUTE (Common Use Terminal Equipment), CUSS (Common Use Self Service), CUPPS (Common Use Passenger Processing System), FIDS (Flight Information Display System), MUFIDS (Multi User Flight Information Display System), BIDS (Baggage Information Display System), BSM (Baggage Sortation Message), PIDS (Passenger Information Display System), and PAS (Public Address System) is required
- Extensive field engineering and systems integration experience is required during the construction phase to be able to make field decisions and help resolve construction conflicts on all ARP projects.
- Experience with and understanding of LEED silver certification requirements, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) rules and guidelines is preferred.
- Successful track record in risk management, conflict resolution; have a positive attitude and a propensity for collaborative teamwork is required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.