Senior Manager, Human Resources
San Francisco Bay Area
Currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Manager in San Francisco Bay area to work with the best of the best in the F&B Event Services Industry. This position will work closely with multiple locations ensuring and coordinating efficient and cost-effective execution of Human Resources activities. The ideal candidate will possess 10+ years progressive HR experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a management role and have 2+ years experience in the Food & Beverage or Event sector.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will lead the HR function for a multi-location operation leveraging your HR expertise to strategically and operationally grow the culture and philosophies of this top notch F&B organization.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Human Resources
- Lead and supervise the HR/Staffing Team
- Ensure the right people are hired at the right time and implement strategies accordingly. Manage Talent/Recruitment team to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local regulations, proper review of employment screening and background check process.
- Coordinate weekly & bi-weekly payroll with vendor and provide vendors with all necessary documentation to ensure company compliance
- Select and manage welfare benefit vendors as well as providing support to employees in resolving welfare benefit issues.
- Provide consultation, guidance and coaching Field Managers and Home Office Managers to address employee behavior and performance concerns.
- Review and revision of policies to ensure compliance of changing laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and review Performance Appraisal process, make recommendations for any changes.
- Ensure that proper resources are available and maintained in order for the Company to comply with all Federal, State and local laws as well as Company policies and procedures.
- Serve as primary contact with legal counsel on all employment-related matters and represent Company as required with Labor Board.
- Work closely with W/C matters
- Develop and maintain long-term working relationships with Team Members at every level as well as with external vendors.
- Serve as a Resource Consultant and Subject Matter Expert regarding Human Resource related laws, issues, and concerns.
- Prepare the operating budget for the Human Resources department and upon final budget approval, ensure that all functions operate within appropriate amounts.
- Responsible for the Compensation Structure (rates, tiles, pay, bonuses), monitor and review of salary/wages to ensure equal pay for similar jobs and performance, maintain and update job descriptions for all positions and as-needed compensation benchmarking and comparison data.
- Other duties as requested.
- 10% travel required.
Requirements of the Senior Manager, Human Resources
- S. in HR, Business or Hospitality Management preferred or PHR/SPHR certified.
- 10+ years progressive HR Experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a management role
- 2+ years in the Food & Beverage or Event sector
- Must possess expertise operating in multi-sites/ multi-states with expertise in California state law, as well as San Francisco Labor Law
Compensation for the Senior Manager, Human Resources
- Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Management: 2 years
- progressive HR: 10 years
- Food & Beverage industry: 2 years
- expertise in California/San Francisco labor law: 2 years
Required work authorization: