The Director of Social Media will be responsible for managing an external agency and supporting internal constituents to develop, execute and meet defined business and media goals.
The incumbent will provide support in the flawless execution of both episodic and always-on social campaigns. The Director of Social Media will be responsible for overseeing the activation of the CVS Health, CVS Pharmacy, CVS Beauty, and CVS Minute Clinic social handles. This includes strategy, execution, community management, content creation, on-going maintenance, reporting, identification, and sharing actionable results and best practices across the organization. He/she should have an advanced level and working knowledge of tools and technology associated with executing social campaigns (i.e. FB Business Manager, Sprinklr, Hoostuite, Brandwatch, Creator IQ).
The ideal candidate will serve as the primary liaison between external agencies and internal media, marketing, PR, Corporate Communications, digital, and creative teams to ensure that all critical and relevant information is acquired and circulated, that timing is being met, and that all media elements are executed. Additionally, the Director of Social Media will manage campaign reporting across key initiatives to ensure adherence to measurement plans and that product is ‘client ready’ to disseminate to business owners.
This position will work closely with the Senior Director of Media, Marketing Strategists, PR, agency partners, media campaign managers, creative, and analytics partners.
The Director of Social Media must have the ability to develop a cohesive strategy for the management and growth of CVS Social Media channels, supporting multiple business units and stakeholders. In addition to excellent strategic skills, he/she must possess strong communication skills and the ability to influence senior level stakeholders in the organization. He/she must be able to manage a cross-functional team comprised of diverse skills and backgrounds (content, community management, sml, strategy, execution, media, and analytics) and shape them into a highly productive unit. The Director of Social Media will be responsible for developing processes that streamline workflow as well as proactively identifying and sourcing new business-driving opportunities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the strategic development and flawless execution of social media campaigns and activations, supporting CVS retail business units and Enterprise as required.
- Partner with cross-enterprise SME’s (PR, Corp Comms, Marketing, Customer Relations, CSR, Media) to maximize channel opportunities
- Manage and develop social media team members and agency relationships
- Inspire and lead agency partners to deliver their best work
- Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders (marketing, analytics, creative)
- Identify and improve efficiencies and effectiveness of social media channels in strong collaboration with analytics partner
- 8-10 minimum years’ experience in planning and executing large scale, multi-platform social campaigns with a solid knowledge and understanding of the core social platforms.
- Strategic Thinker
- Comfortable with technology and data to facilitate audience targeting, triggering, and measurement.
- Experience with ROI, attribution, and optimization analysis
- Understanding of the media planning process (from comms, strategy, execution and reporting)
- Ability to flex communication style to match the needs of the recipients (ranging from more junior level to very senior level members of the organization)
- Experience with Crisis management and/or Customer Relations required
- Comfort in both ‘leading’ and ‘doing’ the work and ability to identify which role to play
- Retail / Healthcare experience required
- Experience with CMS systems and digital publishing a plus
- Ability to manage a cross-functional team
- Ability to impact and influence others
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative spirit and disposition with internal and external constituencies
- Highly detail-oriented
- Self-starter, independent worker, and problem-solver
- B2C experience required, B2B a plus
- Agency experience preferred
College degree required. MBA preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.