The Sr. SCM Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and documentation of the build systems supporting instrument firmware and embedded applications. The build system scope will also include generation of build metrics through integrated tools and frameworks for code profiling and automated unit testing. The Engineer will also be expected to work closely with the Firmware and Software developers to create the build and deployment process.
- Maintain the integrity of the software build infrastructure and support the system lifecycle - including applying toolchain upgrades and coordination with IT during OS / TFS upgrades, etc.
- Coordinate build schedules with development teams and support internal / ECO release processes. May require occasional work outside of regular business hours for maintenance or to resolve build issues.
- Thorough understanding of best practices for Software Configuration Management, including permissions, branching, merging and labeling techniques for major and minor / patch releases.
- Demonstrate proficiency and good programming practices when writing PowerShell and MSBuild, including test script development.
- Ability to create and release software using Microsoft .NET Framework with the Visual Studio Development environment; including the packaging and signing of assemblies.
- Good oral and written communication skills required for interacting with cross-functional project teams including Software Development, Systems Engineering / Verification & Validation and Quality Assurance.
- Good multi-tasking ability needed to resolve urgent issues or high priority activities in addition to the weekly project workload.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in build/release engineering and configuration management.
- Experience with Windows 7, 8 or 10; and Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Familiarity with Linux, VM Ware virtual environments (VMWare Workstation and/or VMWare VSphere)
- Proficiency interacting with Team Foundation Server system for Source Control, Builds, and Code Reviews; and using TFS project management features for Defect and Work tracking
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- background in TFS Build controller / agent set up and configuration, Jenkins server configuration and build set up
- Proficiency using build toolsets such as MSBuild
- Familiarity with test / analysis tools such as NUnit, NCover and FxCop.
- Proficiency using Visual Studio development environment, including editing SLN, CSProj, VCProj, and VCXProj files; and applying Visual Studio extensions
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with PowerShell and batch file scripting; Bash / Perl scripting; and the use of build scripts
- Familiarity with SVN and GIT source code control tools
- Experience with package management and tools such as Nuget, NPM and Artifactory
- Experience with installer tools: MSI, InstallShield, Wix, Install Anywhere
** Hands on experience is a must, solid working exp with TFS
looking to fill quickly, urgent need.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $60.00 to $70.00 /hour
- software configuration management(SCM): 8 years
- TFS: 8 years