Maintenance Mechanic-Core Maintenance - 1073963
When you become part of the Brown and Root team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Maintenance Journeyman / Mechanical
We are currently seeking General Mechanic / Maintenance Journeyman.
Successful candidates will work in a high-performance work team to help to build and sustain a culture of mechanical reliability at the Maysville Mill. Successful candidates must have the ability to comprehend large amounts of new information in a short time frame and make timely decisions in a fast-paced complex environment. Key components of this position are maintaining a strong emphasis on safety and hazard recognition; effective troubleshooting skills, identifying continuous improvement opportunities; maintain environmental and quality standards; a strong focus on preventive mechanical maintenance; and being an integral part of improving reliability.
Brown and Root offers a competitive benefit package including, but not limited to health care coverage, dental insurance, life insurance, holiday pay, a 401K plan in which the company will match $1.00 for every $1.00 contributed on the first 3% of eligible earnings and $0.50 on the dollar for the next 2% of eligible earnings. This offers a total company matching contribution of 4% on contribution of 5% or more of eligible earnings, and education assistance-reimbursement up to $5,250 per year.
What Set’s you Ahead:
- At least 18 years of age and a high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Technical training or certification in one of the following (Millwright, Machinist, Pipefitter or Welder); or at least 3 years of work experience in one of these crafts.
- Effective communications and good interpersonal skills needed.
- Ability to climb ladders, walk distances, work at heights on platforms, work in tight/close spaces.
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, outages, 12 hours shifts (day & night), and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work around moving process equipment.
- Ability to operate machinery or industrial equipment and systems.
- Ability to comply with all safety requirements such as wearing safety equipment including ear plugs, hard hats, eye protection, and steel-toed shoes.
- Desire to develop additional mechanical maintenance skills (Millwright, Machinist, Pipefitter, Welder).
Candidates who are offered a position, will be required to:
- Working experience in process Industrial General Mechanical (GM) maintenance.
- NCCER Certification
- Prior Papermill experience
- Understanding of Blueprints Sketches
- Operate Cranes
- Laser Alignment (Replace pumps and motors)
I. Successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and submit to random drug testing while employed;
II. Successfully complete a pre-employment health assessment;
III. Successfully complete a pre-employment background check.
- Role and Responsibilities
- Work safety with others.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work productively, self-directed and demonstrate initiative to go beyond routine duties.
- Very good mechanical knowledge of plant and building equipment such as air compressors, fans, speed increasers, machine rolls, pump rotating assembly’s, screens, motors, gear boxes and demonstrate precision maintenance practices (machining background, precision maintenance training and 90+ scores in precision maintenance).
- Enough field experience to be able to investigate and troubleshoot vibration issues.
- Must have excellent communication and a good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Must be willing to work over and available, depending on demand.
- Maintain a good working relationship with maintenance and operations.
- Equipment Maintenance in supervising and coordinating the activities of maintenance personnel.
- Repairs all mechanical equipment.
- Demonstrates leadership and technical ability to get the job done.
- Requires demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, overhaul, repair, and perform maintenance on all types of automotive, hydraulic equipment, gasoline, and diesel-powered vehicles.
- May also require knowledge of oilfield services equipment operation and maintenance.
- Under general supervision, coordinates the activities involved in maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment.
- Provides instruction and guidance to less experienced maintenance personnel.
- Assigns work to subordinate personnel.
- Schedules equipment to be serviced and/or maintained and ensures the successful execution of maintenance processes in a safe and efficient manner.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability, or operations.
- Skills are typically preferred through 3-5 years of equipment maintenance experience that includes supervising and coordinating the work of others.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Industrial machinery mechanic, machinery maintenance workers, and millwrights generally need at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred millwright complete a 2-year associate’s degree program in industrial maintenance/NCCER certified.
- Industrial maintenance may include courses such as welding, mathematics, hydraulics, and pneumatics, laser alignment, card shaft alignment, and 3 -5 years of pulp and paper experience.
- Looking for a candidate with a strong mechanical aptitude and someone that has the ability to work as part of a team to make a valued product.
Job - Maintenance
Primary Location - US-US-KY-Maysville