Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Responsible for on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions which may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites. Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems. Performs maintenance and repair services. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance. Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business. Delivers (does not design) fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software. Serves as an internal resource on technical issues. May train other field engineers or customers. May calibrate equipment on-site for large volume customers.
- Works on on-site customer service and support assignments with broadly defined objectives
- Solves non-routine issues, challenges and problems within field of specialization
- BS Degree in Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, etc.); may consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and hands on work experience.
- 2+ years related hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Specific experience with ICPMS, ICPOES and UV/ UV-Vis instrumentation and/or molecular spectroscopy required.
- LC/ LCMS and/or GC/GCMS experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to work successful with customers.
- Strong organizational and leadership capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to perform hands on maintenance, installations and selected repairs on analytical instruments.
- Ability to solve, high impact problems related to product availability; typically system/solution focused.
- Must be available for up to 25% travel that may include over-night stays.
- A valid driver's license is required for this position.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled