- The Medical Scheduler is a highly motivated individual, is responsible for greeting individuals presenting for medical appointments, checking them in for appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments, and rescheduling appointments as needed. Assists with administrative tasks including, but limited to, Prior Authorizations.
- Exemplifies customer service by answering phones and interacting with program members, staff, clinicians and visitors in a timely and pleasant manner.
- Use the EHR to check-in clients presenting for appointments.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments and re-scheduling appointments.
- Working closely with Medical staff and communicating when clients have arrived for appointments.
- Helps to resolve client's issues as they arise to avoid escalation.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service and interacts with clients in a positive way when waiting to see medical staff.
- Accepts changes in assignment in the spirit of good teamwork; accepts constructive feedback about performance or behaviors; demonstrates creative thinking and problem solving relating to issues or concerns.
- Escorts PIRs and all guests around the facility as needed.
- Completes Prior Authorizations
High School Diploma. One (1) year of experience working in an office setting preferred. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be proficient with standard office equipment. In addition, candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess de-escalation skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)