- Nursing Experience
- BLS Certification
- Customer Service
- Leadership Experience
Indeed Hire has partnered with Valley Medical Center to locate a Birth Center Registered Nurse to join their team in Renton, WA.
The staff RN is a licensed professional who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. This individual provides safe, quality care to these patients utilizing the nursing process as the basis for clinical practice.
- BSN preferred.
- Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Washington.
- Successful completion of a graduate nurse residency program orientation or six months experience as a registered nurse.
- AHA BLS for healthcare providers required.
- Successful completion of the pre-hire WorkSteps evaluation for RNs.
- Preferred for advancement to charge nurse role:
- Experience—Two years of practice in clinical nursing/leadership in the area of responsibility
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability to lead and manage a team, utilize clinical judgment, clinical inquiry, innovation, and systems thinking.
- Able to communicate effectively in oral and written form in the English language.
- Adheres to the dress code.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills that are community-centered, compassionate, and meets the needs of diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the physical and emotional development of all age groups.
- Practices in a caring environment with excellent customer service skills.
- Functions within ANA Standards and Nurse Practice Act.
- Ability to access information and communicate in an electronic environment including but not limited to the use of order entry, e-mail, and computer documentation skills.
- Self-directed in advancing professional practice through continuing education and research.
UNIQUE PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to provide safe patient handling as defined in VMC’s Safe Patient Handling guidelines and policies to safely and appropriately transfer or move patients (or objects) of varying abilities, weights, and amounts of staff assistance. Must be able to lift from the floor to overhead levels and carry items at waist level weight up to 40 pounds. Requires ability to participate in team lifting. Must be able to operate patient lifting equipment and patient handling devices accurately and safely. Requires the ability to stoop, bend, reach, crouch, and squat. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time as required for patient care, moving patients or supplies to other units, hourly rounding, bedside shift report and other nursing duties. Requires full body range of motion including ability to reach from floor to overhead levels, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision, hearing to normal range, and ability to distinguish colors.
- Assesses, guides, directs, and facilitates workflow on the unit. Recognizes when it is necessary for the charge nurse to assume a patient assignment and assumes that role.
- Make staff assignments that reflect patient acuity, continuity of patient care, staff competency and the necessity of admit, transfer and discharge activity inherent in all clinical units.
- Mentors staff, float, and agency personnel regarding unit/department/hospital policies, procedures/standards and annual goals and objectives.
- Integrates new staff and agency staff into the culture of the unit.
- Functions as a leader and role model for clinical staff.
- Acts as clinical resource to unit staff. Demonstrates safe use of patient care equipment and is able to teach others to use equipment safely.
- Identifies resource RN for LPN, PCA, and MST as necessary.
- Monitors and evaluates nursing care given to each patient, by direct observation, consultation, and patient rounds.
- Assesses unit/environmental safety during patient rounds and reports/corrects deficiencies.
- Maintains awareness of Joint Commission standards, state codes, and practice acts. Routinely monitors documentation, compliance with standards, and facilitates rapid turn-around cycles.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Responds to patient and family concerns/complaints.
- Reports significant events (patient/staff/physician/visitor) to administrative supervisors/manager and activates the chain of command per policy.
- Provides input into performance appraisal of clinical staff on assigned shift by documenting feedback and/or communicating concerns to manager/supervisor.
- Evaluates and provides adequate coverage for breaks.
- Maintains fiscal responsibility by monitoring and adjusting staffing during shift and determines staffing needs for the following shift by utilizing sound clinical judgment.
- Accepts personal responsibility to maintain competencies for direct patient care and team leadership.
- Communicates and collaborates with bed placement and the clinical resource to ensure clinical placement is expedited.
Job Hours: Night Shifts, 7:00 pm - 7:30 am
Indeed Hire and Valley Medical Center are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- RN labor and delivery: 1 year (Preferred)
- AHA/BLS for healthcare providers (Required)
- WA Registered Nurse (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Preferred)