Provide crisis intervention and supportive counseling tovictims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
EssentialDuties and Responsibilities:
- Support victims/survivors in decision-making by providing correct information and available options regarding information and referrals; court, law enforcement, medical and social services advocacy/accompaniment.
- Advocating that the rights of the victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence are being met.
- Gather information and data pertaining to victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Advocate/accompany victims/survivors as they navigate court, law enforcement, medical and social services systems.
- Inform victims/survivors of all Crisis Services programming including shelter, groups, counseling and 24-hour hotline.
- Follow up with victims/survivors through court hearings; police intervention and hospital accompaniment and status of case.
- Assist victims/survivors file crime victims compensation application/follow up.
- Maintain current information on laws; policy and procedures regarding domestic and sexual violence.
- Maintain positive working relationships with community agencies, courts, law enforcement, and medical professionals.
- Make child abuse mandated reports to registry as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Available “on call” week nights and weekends as scheduled.
- Associates’ degree in human services; criminal justice; social work or related field preferred or 2 years’ experience in the field of domestic and sexual violence.
Required, Specialized, or TechnicalKnowledge:
- Acceptance and support of the YWCA Mission
- Ability to interact with staff, residents and/or agencies while maintaining confidentiality
- Well organized and Flexible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to work with and interact with diverse populations
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer software.
Expectation for all Employees:
Supports the organizations mission, vision and values byexhibiting the following:
· Computer, fax, adding machine, telephone,voice mail, copier. Must hold a valid driver’s license and insurance and beable to travel as necessary.
· Climbing, balancing, stooping,kneeling, crouching, walking, grasping, talking, hearing.
· Sedentary work exerting up to 25 poundsof force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently orconstantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Visual Acuity Required:
· Heavy acuity is required in thisposition.
· There is no substantial exposure toadverse environmental conditions with the exception of weather-related travelconditions.
*YWCA Mohawk Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Typical start time:
Typical end time: