The Specialty Products Division NA Hub Electrical & Instrumentation Reliability Engineer supports sites regionally in the area of instrumentation and low voltage electrical equipment reliability. This role will be leveraged across the region to support reliability improvement in particular as it is related to mechanical integrity and quality assurance (MIQA) and is aligned with the corporate PSM, R&M, Electrical, Instrument, and sourcing objectives and standard practices.
Job Scope: Assist sites by:
- Implement MIQA best practices. Track, document, and communicate MIQA and associated R&M metrics.
- Perform failure mode and effect analysis to develop appropriate equipment maintenance plans to include equipment checks and PPM performed by operators and control mechanics. Enter the equipment checks and PPM plans into the appropriate system such as SAP, Meridium, etc. Perform PPM effectiveness assessment at appropriate timing. Assess quality of the performed PPM tasks. Leverage standard PPM plans for similar equipment across the region.
- Train operators and control mechanics on their role in reliability improvement and MIQA. Stay engaged with RCP$ processes to engage and develop shop floor capability.
- Defiine Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) trigger points and perform when trigger point is reached. Implement corrective and improvement plans resulting from the RCFAs.
- Perform and document equipment criticality analysis. Enter criticality in appropirate system. Perform review of equipment criticality at appropriate times.
- Analyze data (failure, cost, UPtime/TEEP/OEE, etc) using appropriate reliablity analysis tools to develop and implement improvement plans. Lead electrical-LV (< 1kV) reliability improvement teams.
- Perform or arrange for physical failure analysis as needed. Teach electrical-LV (<1 kV) physical failure analysis and evidence preservation techniques.
- Work with site engineering, sourcing, and site stores organization to develop and execute appropriate Quality Assurance (QA) practices. Assess effecrtiveness of QA practices.
- Work with site inspector group to ensure appropriate inspection technologies are being used and assess quality of inpsection plans. Ensure quality of corporate and contract inspectors and inspection reports. Review inspection reports and analyze data to determine fitness for service, quality of inspection, appropriate inspection interval, etc. Use Risk Based Inspection (RBI) methodologies where appropriate to determine appropriate inspection methodologies and intervals.
- Particiate in first and second party PSM audits as a MIQA assessor
This individual must have a good working knowledge of maintenance, reliability, and MIQA best practices. This person must have the organizational capability to work in multiple sites, supply chains, and systems and be able to communicate well/influence with operators, control mechanics, peers, and leadership. They must be able to lead multiple improvement teams at multiple sites and network with appropriate networks such as MIQANET and maintain a strong connect to technical organizations such as the Rotating Machinery, E&I, and R&M CoE groups.
- BS in electrical engineering or related engineering field.
- 5 years or more of work experience in the design, repairs, maintenance, reliability, failure modes, and/or inspection of chemical process equipment.
- Maintenance, reliability, MIQA, and PSM best practices.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Electrical technologies such as MCC's, ASD's, NEMA Motors ; Instrument technologies such as DCS's, control valves, thermal oxidizers
- Team leadership skills.
- Appropriate OSHA, NFPA, engineering standards, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal, people development and training skills
- Ability to work as a team member in a respectful manner in a diverse work environment
- Facilities engineering processes, principles, and maintenance & reliabiliity functional excellence capability.
- Reliability tools such as RCFA, FMEA, Weibull analysis, statistical analysis, etc.
- Software systems such as SAP PM, Meridium, UPbase/TrakSyS, SKM Electrical Systems Analysis, Control Protocols (ControlNET, DeviceNET, Ethernet, ModBus, ProfiBus), Microsoft Office tools.
Additional Job Information:
- 25-30% travel involved, usually 2 to 3 days at a time and occasionally on short notice.
- Position may be located in Wilmington, DE; Houston, TX; or other North America locations with access to air travel.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.